Friday, June 3, 2011

AH-MAZING Strawberry Muffins

I recently found another fabulous food blog with lots of yummy recipes. I was going back to Sacred Heart Children's last night to say hi to my practicum preceptor so I wanted to take them something delish to snack on. This was perfect! The recipe came from Real Mom Kitchen and they are seriously amazing. I was glad I was giving them away because I would have eaten all 16 of them myself!! 


Fresh Strawberry Muffins


1/2 C. butter, softened
3/4 C. sugar
1 egg
2 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 C. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C. chopped strawberries


Cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling


Cream butter and sugar, add egg. 


Add dry ingredients and milk alternately. 
(Instead of premixing my dry ingredients I did 1 C. flour, 1 tsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt. Then added 1/4 C. milk, 1 C. flour, 1 tsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt and the remaining 1/4 C. milk).


Add in vanilla. Gently stir in strawberries. 


Scoop batter into well greased muffin tins. 


Sprinkle tops with cinnamon and sugar.


Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment