Friday, June 3, 2011

Mom's Crab Salad

I got done studying today and decided I wanted to make something yummy that would last me for the next few days so I can study as much as possible! With it getting nicer I thought my moms crab salad would be perfect!

Cook any pasta shape you like. I had bow-ties in my pantry so thats whats in mine!

Celery
Carrots
Frozen Peas
Black Olives
Sharp Cheddar cheese, cubed
Crab

Chop all ingredients, and combine in large bowl. Cook pasta, drain and rinse. Allow to cool. Mix in with veggies, cheese and crab.

For the dressing my mom always combines Miracle Whip, (I think I used probably 1/3-1/2 C) and 1 tablespoon to 1 Splenda. (This time I used 4 Tbsp and 4 packets of Splenda). Mix well until there are no lumps. I thin mine down so it goes farther with skim milk. Pour over salad, toss and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment