Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Berry Muffins aka Breakfast Muffins

Oh man...These muffins are amazing. I could probably eat the entire pan of them for breakfast. But I limited myself to two. It was hard. I found the recipe at Two Peas in the Pod and I will definitely be making them again. They would be great for anyone who seems to need a healthy breakfast on the go. The whole wheat flour, oatmeal, applesauce, and berries are the perfect breakfast combination!!




Breakfast Muffins

1 1/4 C whole wheat flour
1 1/4 C oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 C unsweetened applesauce
1/2 C low-fat buttermilk
1/2 C firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 large egg,
1 tsp. vanilla- I think I used closer to 2!
1 C of your choice of berries- I used blueberries and raspberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and prepare muffin tin.

Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix together applesauce, buttermilk, sugar, oil, egg, and extracts. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Stir until just moist. Fold in berries.

Bake for 16-18 minutes.

Original recipe can be found at http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/recipe-for-oatmeal-berry-muffins/ . My links aren't working today!

No comments:

Post a Comment