Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies....yeah, they're awesome!

So I've had this recipe waiting around in my bookmarks for a long time. A LONG TIME. I always thought it would be pretty good, but never really had the guts to try it. Until today. I was telling one of my friends about this recipe and decided what good is it to tell friends about it without being able to tell them how amazing they are?! I mean really...what if these cookies were awful and here I am blabbing about this awesome recipe?! Well today that was all put to rest. These cookies are AMAZING!
1. Chocolate chip cookies are good no matter what. 2. You can never go wrong with bacon. 3. These two together are genius! So without further adieu...I bring you, Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I got this recipe from Tablespoon.

Candied Bacon:
1 pkg bacon
1/2 c. brown sugar -I used dark because its what I had with an additional sprinkle of sugar in the raw on top!
Place bacon on a foil covered cookie sheet. Spread sugar over the top of bacon and place in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes. Flip bacon over and cook for another 12 minutes. Once crispy remove from oven and place on cooling rack.




Cookies:
3/4 C. melted butter
1/2 C. white sugar
1 C. brown sugar
Mix above ingredients. Add,
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 T. vanilla

Combine, then add to mixture
2 1/4 C flour
1/2 t baking soda

Once mixed in, add 2 cups chocolate chips.

Chop up the bacon and add to mixture.

Place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 13-15 minutes at 325 degrees.

Remove from oven, move to cooling racks and enjoy the sweet deliciocity that are Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies!



Look at all that amazing bacon! YUM!



2 comments:

  1. Man Laure I really wish there were tons of pictures for this one!!! I'm a visual person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan...here are the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete