Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Strawberry Galette

I made this with Thanksgiving dinner. But dinner was so good we didn't even touch this til the next day. It was amazing. However make sure that you brush it with an egg wash before you bake it so it browns nicely. AND I forgot to take pictures of the after...so you only have the pre-baked goodness. Sorry!

Strawberry Galette from Buns in my Oven. She makes amazing things!

1 1/2 pounds strawberries, chopped



2 Tbsp sugar

Chop strawberries and sprinkle with sugar. Keep them waiting for a while...



8 oz cream cheese
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla

Mix cream cheese, flour, sugar and vanilla.

1 pie crust ( I cheated and bought one. I still need to master a pie crust!)

Roll out pie crust on baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Spread cream cheese mixture over the top of pie crust, leaving a wide border. About one inch. Scoop the strawberries on top of the cream cheese mixture and fold edges of crust in. Brush egg wash on exposed crust.

Bad picture I know...but its so good!



Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. WOW…First time here…Reached here form my friends blog…This recipe is mouth watering.I love strawberries a lot.Bookmarking your blog..Check out my blog too..
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    Aarthi

    ReplyDelete