Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thanksgiving in August...why not?!

After camp was over I was needing to cook. Really badly. And one thing that sounded really good was stuffing. And turkey. And mashed potatoes. So I made it! Plus with this new addition to my kitchen collection I was ready to make an EXTRA large batch of stuffing!


I've been wanting a giant metal bowl for a long time. So I got one. Restaurant supply stores are DANGEROUS places. Seriously. 

So I started with the stuffing. It's the recipe my Grandma Mave used to make and its always been my favorite. Best part of the dinner. Thats all I want to eat for leftovers the next day so I always make a double batch. Its pretty simple. Bread crumbs, chopped celery, chopped onions, mushrooms, salt, pepper, sage and garlic powder. Boring I know. But SO good. Mix it all up, dampen with chicken stock and put into the crock pot for the afternoon. I always start out with it kind of dry because I don't want it to get too gooey. And look at how fantastically it mixed in my new bowl. *sigh of happiness*


Because it was just me and Brian, I only cooked a turkey breast. I figured we didn't need 10 pounds of turkey in our fridge. It was perfect for 2 though. Stayed super tender and juicy too!


And I got too hungry to take pictures of everything else. Luckily I snapped one before I started eating.


That plate of food resulted in a serious food coma, but it was SO worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment