Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My favorite no-bakes and slacking on the blog...

ARGH! So I've been a total slacker at blogging lately! I got a job at a summer camp as the medic, and its been a 7 day a week job! That leaves NO time for baking and its KILLING ME!! We had Christmas in July last week and I made a deal with my boss. Let me go home early the day before to bake and I'll make ALL the Christmas cookies for the staff! Best bargain EVER!! I came home and made about 5 batches of goodies before my feet felt like they were going to fall off!! Fudge, sugar cookies, orange white chocolate chip cookies, mini peanut butter buttons and no bakes...they went like hotcakes! It was so nice getting to finally bake and I can't wait to be done with this crazy 7 day a week schedule so I can get back to baking, cooking and setting up our new house!! Enough ramblings...I'm in love with these no bake cookies!

DELICIOUS No Bake Cookies

8 Tbsp. butter
1/2 C. milk
2 C. sugar
1 C. chocolate chips
3-4 Tbsp Peanut Butter-I used probably 4 heaping Tbsp!
3 C. quick oatmeal
1 tsp vanilla

Put chocolate chips, peanut butter, oatmeal and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Mix the butter, milk and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour hot mixture over the chocolate and oats and stir to melt chocolate and combine. Once mixed drop by spoonful onto wax paper. Let cool and enjoy!!

I added sprinkles on the top for a little extra color!

No comments:

Post a Comment